Caring For Your New Puppy
Our puppies are generally very easy to care for. Here are a few pointers that we think are important reminders of how to care for your new puppy, and are prerequisite for the health guarantee to be valid.
- Your puppy needs to be examined by a licensed veterinarian within 3 days after going home. Find a vet that you feel comfortable with, and keep regular appointments so your vet gets to know your puppy.
- Keep your puppy up to date on shots, worming and other preventative protocol.
- Feed your puppy a good, well-rounded diet. Do not underfeed or overfeed your puppy. In general, follow the recommended feeding guidelines found on the bag. We feed all of our dogs and puppies Nutrena Loyall Life.
- Avoid exposing your puppy to physically stressful situations, such as frequent stair climbing or standing on concrete for long periods of time during his formative years.
- Provide adequate shelter and make sure there is always fresh clean water available.
- Make sure your puppy has plenty of exercise on a regular basis, and whenever possible. Don’t overdo it in the first few months. Puppies need lots of rest too.
There have been several studies lately that suggest early spay or neuter has more of an adverse effect on your pup’s health than previously believed. As a society we have been so ingrained to spay or neuter our pets that we are doing so too early. Early spay and neuter has been shown to lead to an increased risk of multiple cancers, joint issues, incontinence, inhibit growth, and lead to aggression. Many studies suggest that waiting until at least 18 months is better for your pup’s health, even better if you can wait until they are 24 months. We believe it is in the best interest of your pup NOT to spay or neuter before the age of two. Doing so earlier is a personal decision, however the possible issues caused by early sterilization are not hereditary and will not be covered under our health guarantee.
Puppy Care Package
All La Di Da Doodles puppies come with the following….
- One year genetic health guarantee
- Microchip with registration information
- A good start on house training
- A blanket with their mother’s scent
- A bag of Nutrena Loyall Life Puppy Food
- Two appropriate puppy toys
- Worming and Shot Records
- Dew Claws removed
Copyright © 2019 La Di Da Doodles